Prof. Dr. Claudia Alfes-Neumann
Bielefeld UniversityFaculty of MathematicsPostfach 10013133501 BielefeldGermanyEmail: email@example.com
My research centers around the theory of modular forms and their generalizations as well as its various applications in number theory, geometry, combinatorics, physics, and representation theory.
Since March 2021 I am a professor at Bielefeld University. Before I was an assistant professor at Paderborn University. I obtained my PhD at TU Darmstadt under the direction of Jan Bruinier in 2015 and spent some time in Heidelberg and Cologne as a Postdoc afterwards.
In my free time I like to spend time with my family, go Mountainbiking or running or hiking.
Conference "Modular forms in number theory and beyond" in Bielefeld, August 22-26 2022.
Workshop "Modular forms and representation theory" in Manigod, July 15-22, 2022.
Summer school for high school students in Bielefeld, June 2022.
Fellowship of the Klaus Tschira Boost Fund: In March 2020 I was awarded a fellowship of the Klaus Tschira Boost Fund. Here you can find for more information and my profile.
Scholarship of the Daimler and Benz Foundation: In January 2020 I obtained a scholarship of the Daimler and Benz Foundation for the project "CM integrals of Igusa invariants". Click here for more information and the profiles of the scholars.
Member of the Young Scholars of the North Rhine-Westphalian Academy of Sciences, Humanities and the Arts: In 2020 I was appointed as a member of the "Junges Kolleg" of the North Rhine-Westphalian Academy of Sciences, Humanities and the Arts. For more information and my profile click here.
Publications and Preprints
15) C. Alfes-Neumann, M. Raum, A classification of harmonic weak Maaß forms of half-integral weight, arXiv:2202.00744, Preprint. pdf
14) C. Alfes-Neumann, K. Bringmann, J. Males, M. Schwagenscheidt, Cycle integrals of meromorphic modular forms and coefficients of harmonic Maass forms, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 497 (2021), no. 2, Paper No. 124898, 15 pp. pdf
13) C. Alfes-Neumann, M. Schwagenscheidt, Traces of reciprocal singular moduli, Bull. Lond. Math.Soc. 52 (2020), no. 4, 641-656. pdf
12) C. Alfes-Neumann, K. Bringmann, M. Schwagenscheidt, On the rationality of cycle integrals of meromorphic modular forms, Math. Ann. 376 (2020), no. 1-2, 243-266. pdf
11) C. Alfes-Neumann, M. Schwagenscheidt, Shintani theta lifts of harmonic Maass forms, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 374 (2021), no. 4, 2297–2339. pdf
10) C. Alfes-Neumann, M. Schwagenscheidt, Identities of Cycle Integrals of Weak Maass Forms, Ramanujan J. 52 (2020), no. 3, 683-688. pdf
9) C. Alfes-Neumann, M. Schwagenscheidt, A theta lift related to the Shintani lift, Advances in Mathematics, Volume 328 (2018), 858-889. pdf
8) C. Alfes, M. Griffin, K. Ono, and L. Rolen, Weierstrass mock modular forms and elliptic curves, Research in Number Theory, 1:24 (2015). pdf
7) C. Alfes, Formulas for the coefficients of half-integral weight harmonic Maass forms, Mathematische Zeitschrift, Volume 227, Issue 3 (2014), 769-795. pdf
6) C. Alfes, and T. Creutzig, The mock modular data of a family of superalgebras, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 142 (2014), 2265-2280. pdf
5) C. Alfes, and S. Ehlen, Twisted Traces of CM values of weak Maass forms, J. Number Theory,Volume 133, Issue 6, 1827-1845. pdf
4) C. Alfes, Parity of the coefficients of Klein’s $j$-function, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 141 (2013), 123-130. pdf
3) C. Alfes, K. Bringmann, and J. Lovejoy, Automorphic properties of generating functions for generalized odd rank moments and odd Durfee symbols, Math. Proc. Cambridge Phil. Soc., 151 (2011), 385-406. pdf
2) C. Alfes, M. Jameson, and R. Lemke Oliver, Proof of the Andrews-Alder Conjecture, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 139 no. 1 (2011), 63-7. pdf
1) C. Alfes, Congruences for Ramanujan’s $\omega(q)$, Ramanujan J. 22 (2010), no. 2, 163-169. pdf
C. Alfes, CM values and Fourier coefficients of harmonic Maass forms, Dissertation, TU Darmstadt, tuprints. pdf
C. Alfes-Neumann, Modulformen - Fundamentale Werkzeuge der Mathematik, Springer, Essentials.
C. Alfes-Neumann, Algebraic formula for the partition function, entry in Encyclopedia of Srinivasa Ramanujan and His Mathematics, editors: Krishnaswami Alladi, George E. Andrews, Bruce C. Berndt, and Ken Ono, accepted.
C. Alfes-Neumann, An introduction to the theory of harmonic Maass forms, In: Bruinier J., Kohnen W. (Eds) L-Functions and Automorphic Forms, Contributions in Mathematical and Computational Sciences, vol 10. Springer, Cham.
Summer term 2022:
Lecture "Selected chapters of mathematics", lecture "Complex analysis II"
Summer term 2021:
Lecture "Geometry (Gym/Ge)", Research seminar "Geometric analysis and number theory"
Winter term 2020/21
Lecture "Linear Algebra II", Research seminar "Geometric analysis and number theory"
Summer term 2020
Lecture "Linear Algebra I", Research seminar "Geometric analysis and number theory"
Winter term 2019/20
Lecture "Introduction to cryptography", Seminar "Quadratic forms", Research seminar "Geometric analysis and number theory"
Summer term 2019:
Seminar "Borcherds' products", Research seminar "Geometric analysis and number theory"
Winter term 2018/19:
Lecture "Automorphic forms"
Summer term 2018:
Lecture "Introduction to cryptography"
Winter term 2017/18:
Lecture "Complex Analysis", Seminar "Elliptic curves"
PhD students: Lars Kleinemeier, Rebekka Strathausen
Conferences and Workshops
Modular forms in number theory and beyond, Bielefeld, August 22-26, 2022 (organized with Markus Schwagenscheidt).
Modular forms and representation theory, Manigod, July 15-22 (organized with Sven Möller).
Women in automorphic forms: Together with Anke Pohl and Anna von Pippich I organized the conference Women in automorphic forms in September 2021 in Bielefeld.
Workshop on "Hecke operators, Ehrhart theory, and automorphic forms" in Bielefeld, September 30th and October 1st (organized together with Christopher Voll).
Women in automorphic forms: Together with Anna von Pippich I organized the conference Women in automorphic forms in September 2018 in Darmstadt.